Friday, August 19, 2011
Rhawn and Oxford from the 1940s (Maybe)
Paul Beck found this great picture from what is probably the 1940s.
There are several interesting things that I see. (clicking on the picture will bring up the full size version)
- history pages on the Web mention the hotel where Dunkin Donuts currently is, but this is the first time I've seen a picture of it.
- Rhawn, Pine and Oxford was a crazy busy intersection back then too.
- Oxford Ave towards Rockledge is very rural looking.
- I think that's Steve Buscemi standing about where the insurance agency is now.
- Looks like there used be an Esso gas station back in the day, maybe where the 7-11 is now.
Can anyone make out what it says above BEER on the sign on the hotel?
Posted by Scoats at 4:52 PM